CMS slightly updated the OASIS-E form in February, 2022 and the crosswalk has been updated to the new version.
With the OASIS-E assessment form going into effect on January 1st, 2023, SHP is pleased to provide home health agencies with a complete side-by-side comparison of the OASIS-D1 and expected OASIS-E assessment forms. Items that have been added or removed between the two OASIS versions are indicated with color coding.
This document includes all items recorded at start of care (SOC), resumption of care (ROC), follow-up (FU), transfer (TRF), discharge (DC), and death at home (DAH). A box next to each item lists the assessment reasons for which the item is recorded, with (o) indicating an optional item.
This guide is an excellent reference for anyone who works with OASIS Assessments and will improve accuracy, help reduce coding errors, and potentially reduce the number of returned claims.
The new items that will be introduced in OASIS-E include:
- A1005: Ethnicity
- A1010: Race
- A1110: Language
- A1250: Transportation
- A2120: Provision of Current Reconciled Medication List to Subsequent Provider at Transfer
- A2121: Provision of Current Reconciled Medication List to Subsequent Provider at Discharge
- A2122: Route of Current Reconciled Medication List Transmission to Subsequent Provider
- A2123: Provision of Current Reconciled Medication List to Patient at Discharge
- A2124: Route of Current Reconciled Medication List Transmission to Patient
- B0200: Hearing
- B1000: Vision
- B1300: Health Literacy
- C0100: BIMS: Should Brief Interview for Mental Status (C0200-C0500) be Conducted?
- C0200: BIMS: Repetition of Three Words
- C0300: BIMS: Temporal Orientation
- C0400: BIMS: Recall
- C0500: BIMS: Summary Score
- C1310: Signs and Symptoms of Delirium (from CAM©)
- D0150: Patient Mood Interview (PHQ-2 to 9)
- D0160: Total Severity Score
- D0700: Social Isolation
- J0510: Pain Effect on Sleep
- J0520: Pain Interference with Therapy Activities
- J0530: Pain Interference with Day-to-Day Activities
- K0520: Nutritional Approaches
- N0415: High-Risk Drug Classes: Use and Indication
- O0110: Special Treatments, Procedures, and Programs